A global report launched by The Body Shop (https://tidd.ly/2ZIe36q) has identified a self-love crisis for women around the world, with one in two women feeling more self-doubt than self-love, and 60% wishing they had more respect for themselves. Here is our step-by-step guide to the ultimate pamper evening to give yourself the love you deserve!
1) Get the ambiance right! Light some candles, burn some incense, get comfy with pillows and blankets. Do whatever you need to, to make yourself as comfortable as possible with your favourite colours, scents, and sounds. Calming smells include Lavender, Chamomile, Rosemary, Rose, etc. The most popular calming sounds include Ocean waves, Birds, Lofi Hip-Hop, Panpipes, etc.
2) Make yourself a relaxing drink. One of our favourites is to take time to gently heat milk on the hob and melt real chocolate into it. Taking the time to make a proper hot chocolate for yourself with marshmallows and the works, is a great way to put time into your happiness and practice some self-love.
3) Put on a clay face mask or hair mask, lay back, and relax. Take this time to let your worries dissolve. Do some breathing exercises. Breathe in for four, hold for four, out for four, hold for four and repeat. This will slow your heart rate and allow any anxiety to fade away.
4) Take off that mask and moisturize. whilst moisturizing your face, give yourself a little massage. Try following the natural curves of your forehead and cheeks. You never realize how tight and stressed your face is until you fully relax.
5) By now, your body for more than prepared for a great night’s sleep. But, before you get snuggled into bed, there are a few more steps you shouldn’t miss! One of the best pamper night ideas is to use a lavender spray on your sheets, just before your head hits the pillow. You’ll already be smelling of a luxury spa, but this mist is a great finishing touch to help you sleep better!